Monday, April 20, 2015

Cole Creger WHL Weekend Update



This weekend I attended the WHL combine in Anaheim, California. I had a really good time at the camp and being able to play with and against a lot of very talented players. There were four teams at the camp, about 80 players attended the combine. We were treated extremely well during the weekend; Under Armor and Gatorade were both great sponsors and supplied us with gear.

The weekend included on and off ice testing, both which I feel like I performed well in. I came in second overall in the 20m sprint and fourth in the med ball throw test. I am currently waiting on the on ice testing results to come in but I felt like I compared really well with the other players that I tested with.

During the games I played extremely well. I tried to focus on being very physical and performing the best I could offensively. Unfortunately I wasn't able to score as much as I would have liked, but I had several shots in each game and was able to create plenty of turnovers in the offensive zone for scoring chances. Overall I think the weekend was a success and I am very excited to see what comes from the Bantam Draft in a few weeks!

Also I would like to send out a special thanks to the Kambitz Family who were extremely helpful with travelling and letting me stay with them for the weekend!