Sunday, June 22, 2014

Cole Creger: USA Hockey Western Regional Camp


This last week I participated in the USA Hockey Western Regional Camp at Colorado College. During the camp I played with and against a lot of skilled hockey players from all over the western region of the country.

Our daily schedule was wake up, breakfast, practice, meetings, game, dinner, and then a seminar. I played on the orange team with 3 very good coaches. My roommate was Che Landikusic from Utah. He played on the Utah Grizzles and our team played them last season here in Denver.  So it was fun to talk with him about the games. I met a lot of new people and had fun learning new styles of play from other players and coaches.

Our team placed 3rd overall we had 3 win and 2 losses. I had 3 goals and 5 assists this week. I hope to stay in touch with some of the other kids I met this week. The video below was from our last game against the red team. We won 3-1, however this was our shortest game and we only played 15 minute periods with a run clock.